China visa application in Hong Kong

Asian Bridge Consulting provides professional consultation and services with regards to Chinese visas. For all eligible individuals who would like to travel to China, they are required to apply for a Chinese visa if he/she is not a holder of an Entry-Exit Permit (EEP) (ie., not a permanent resident holder of HKPRID).

Eligible individuals can submit their China visa application through the China Visa Application Center in Hong Kong.

China visa types

The Chinese visa can be divided into 3 different types: a single-entry visa, double-entry visa or multiple entry visa. Individuals that fulfil the different requirements for the above visas can submit their China visa application in Hong Kong based on their travel needs. 

Whether it is a single-entry, double-entry or multiple entry visa into China, once the China visa application is submitted and approved, he/she is allowed to stay in China for maximum period of 30 days upon each entry, and a maximum of 60 days for multiple entry which can be valid for up to 9 to 10 years.

If you have never been to China before, and you are not currently a Hong Kong permanent resident, then you can only apply for the single entry or double entry visa at first. The single-entry visa only allows you to travel to China for only 1 time only, the validity of the visa is relatively short, and it is only valid for 3 months after it has been issued. Meanwhile, a double entry visa allows you to travel to China twice before it expires, and you may travel to China twice within 6 months after the visa has been issued.


Multiple entry China visa applications

If you are an eligible applicant, a single or double entry China visa application should be quite straightforward, but it can get quite tricky for those who need to travel to the Mainland on a frequent basis. Therefore, only if you have already successfully obtained a single-entry or double entry visa in the past, you can then choose to apply for the multiple entry visa based on your needs, so that an application does not have to be submitted to the authorities each or every other time you are required to travel into travel to into China.

For the multiple entry visa, you can choose to apply for 4 separate visas that have a different validity: (1) 6 months to 1 year; (2) 1 to 3 years; (3) 5 years; and (4) 9 to 10 years. For multiple visas (1) to (3), Chinese visa holders are permitted to stay in China for a maximum period of 30 days upon each entry, but this is extended to 60 days for multiple visas (4).

Find out which Chinese visa fits you

Single Entry Visa

Duration of Stay: Maximum 30 days upon entry

Validity: 3 months

Criteria: Applicant does not have an HKID, and has not been to China before

Double Entry Visa

Duration of Stay: Maximum 30 days upon entry

Validity: Two entries are valid for 6 months

Criteria: Applicant does not have an HKID, and has not visited China in the past

Multiple Entry Visa

Duration of Stay: Maximum 30 days upon each entry (9/10 years Multiple Entry Visa maximum stay is 60 days upon each entry)

Validity: 6 months/1 year; 1~3 years; 5 years, or 9/10 years

Criteria: Only applicant with HKID, and has successfully applied for at least 1 previous Chinese Visa in the past


What are the documents required for a China visa? 

Your purpose of visiting China, that is business or tourism, will determine the kind of supporting documents that you will need to submit. It is recommended to apply for a China visa at least six weeks before your trip. With our expert help, you can submit your China visa application in Hong Kong through our services.

Here are the documents that you will need for applying a Chinese Visa:

  • A valid passport with the remaining validity of at least 6 months or more. Your passport should also have a minimum of two blank pages.
  • The completed China visa application form of the People’s Republic of China. You will also need to affix your photo wherever mentioned on the application form.
  • If you are applying for a Tourist Visa (L Visa), you need to submit round-trip air ticket bookings and hotel booking. If you are going to specifically visit someone, such as a business acquaintance or friend, you may also need to submit an invitation letter from the individual or Chinese organization. The invitation letter should contain the following details:
    • Name, gender, and date of birth of the applicant.
    • Details about the itinerary of the applicant, such as arrival time, date of departure, and destinations the applicant intends to travel to in China.
    • Information about the individual or host organization in China, including their names, contact numbers, address, official seal, or corporate representative signature.

Frequently Asked Questions

Talk to our experts today

Contact our team at +852 2772 2128 by phone, or at by email to learn more about China visa applications in HK and their requirements.

TEL : +852-2772-2128